Common Issues With Hard Water
Issues with hard water can be broadly classified into two categories:
> Lifestyle issues
> Issues with Physical property of water
Some of the most common lifestyle issues that crop up due to hard water are:
- Rough, dry, itchy skin & limp, lifeless hair, due to formation of a sticky soap and mineral layer on the skin and hair.
- Stiff, scratchy laundry, due to insoluble salts formed when minerals combine with detergents.
- Spotty, cloudy dishes and glassware, due to the minerals.
- Showers, tubs, wash basins and water closets layered with soap scum, requiring more water and detergents to clean up.
- Increased power consumption in heating, due to formation of scales in geysers, solar water heaters.
- Decreased water pressure, due to clogging of pipelines with mineral scales.
Issues with Physical property of water
- Bad Taste
- Foul / Unpleasant smell
Poor tasting drinking water is one of the most common problems people experience with their drinking water. Even the slightest metallic, salty, sour or bitter taste in your drinking water can be a big problem when you’re using your water for cooking, making ice, brewing coffee and especially drinking.
Foul or unpleasant smelling water can be one of the more troubling types of water problems one can experience. Worse, trying to cook, clean, bathe, wash and enjoy your water can be a challenge when your water smells like chlorine / rotten egg / musty, earthy or wood / gasoline or oil / Methane gas.
You don’t have to look hard to spot the signs of problem water. Many of the mineral and chemical impurities commonly found in water, like magnesium, calcium, and iron can result in discolored water that leaves a noticeable mark all over the house. The most common symptoms are:
Look to Aquamouli for the right solution to your unsightly water problems. We, at Aquamouli diagnose the exact cause of water issue and recommend a water filtration solution designed to give you cleaner, treated water. Our advanced line of water softeners and whole-house filtration systems can reduce the amount of discoloring impurities, odour and taste, giving you cleaner clearer water throughout your home. With Aquamouli water, your house will also look cleaner with a lot less time and effort to maintain.
- Yellow or color in water
- Orange or yellow rust stains in sinks and tubs
- Crusty lime buildup on faucets, shower heads, wash basins and water closets
- Soap scum on tubs, showers and shower doors
- Spots on glasses and dishes
- Corrosion in plumbing and appliances
- Decreased performance and life from heating appliances